Kr211v '06

Roca46

Hi all,

After some time off without showing my projects here I decided to continue showing my work.

I noticed that Modulo has released the same bike I started and now I'm a little sad because there was a lot of difficult work done already, but well I must go on with the project and try to improve the results of Modulo (that will be difficult)

Well let's start with the pictures.

proton13.jpg

proton14.jpg

proton15.jpg

I used some photo references of the book MotoGP Technology that shows how is the late version of the frame.

proton21.jpg

proton22.jpg

proton32.jpg

proton33.jpg

proton34.jpg

And now the rear cowl made with foam, there is a point that modulo's bike don't have, I'm going to separate the seat cowl of the tank like the real bike to detail later the inside of the bike.

proton42.jpg

proton43.jpg

proton44.jpg

proton45.jpg

proton46.jpg

I hope you like it and sorry for write in english.

Also I hope to show you more pictures soon.

Bye

Roca.

PS: If anyone is interested to know how I make the cowls just tell me I will post a How-to

• modérateurs

[hi Roca, I try to translate ... can you explain me what COWL exactely mean?]

je me permets de traduire puisque je passe par là ... mais je ne suis vraiment pas sûr de comprendre le sens de COWL, si quelqu'un peut préciser

Hi all,

After some time off without showing my projects here I decided to continue showing my work.

I noticed that Modulo has released the same bike I started and now I'm a little sad because there was a lot of difficult work done already, but well I must go on with the project and try to improve the results of Modulo (that will be difficult)

Well let's start with the pictures.

salut à tous,

après quelques temps sans montrer mes projets ici j'ai décidé de continuer à montrer mon travail.

j'ai remarqué que Modulo a mis en vente (?) la même moto que j'ai commencé et maintenant je suis un peu triste car il y avait beaucoup de travail difficile déjà fait, mais bon je dois continuer le projet et essayer d'améliorer le résultat de Modulo (ce qui sera difficile)

I used some photo references of the book MotoGP Technology that shows how is the late version of the frame.

j'ai utilisé quelques photos de référence du livre MotoGP Technology qui montre comment est la dernière version du cadre.

And now the rear cowl made with foam, there is a point that modulo's bike don't have, I'm going to separate the seat cowl of the tank like the real bike to detail later the inside of the bike.

et maintenant le dosseret arrière fait en mousse, il y a un point que la moto de Modulo n'a pas, je vais séparer le dessus du siège du réservoir comme sur la vraie moto pour détailler plus tard l'intérieur de la moto.

I hope you like it and sorry for write in english.

Also I hope to show you more pictures soon.

Bye

Roca.

PS: If anyone is interested to know how I make the cowls just tell me I will post a How-to

j'espère que vous aimez et désolé d'écrire en anglais.

j'espère aussi vous montrer plus photos bientôt.

au revoir

Roca.

PS: si quelqu'un est intéressé de savoir comment j'ai fait les carrénages dites-le moi et je montrerai comment

Excellent super projet! :yes:yep

D'ailleurs c'est pas vraiment une nouveauté pour moi car c'est un projet que je suis régulierement sur ton site, ou on se rend encore plus compte du travail et du soin apporté a cette moto!

Juste pour savoir elle en est ou l'aprilia Rs3?

Hello!! :)

First of all I'm sorry not to write in french... also thank you very much bendelsi to translate my text.

Today I will show you how I started with the main cowl, It was difficult on the upper cowl , here we go the photos :photo :

I used an electric saw to cut the foam box completely at 90º

proton47.jpg

proton48.jpg

proton49.jpg

proton50.jpg

And here I started to polish with a sandpaper the piece to give it the shape

proton51.jpg

In the upper cowl (the area of the screen) I have to add putty to give it the shape because this is only the main shape

proton52.jpg

proton53.jpg

proton54.jpg

proton55.jpg

proton56.jpg

Here the front fender:

proton57.jpg

Those pieces are only for have a main shape after this I will copy them in resin to remove the material of inside the cowls and work better with a solid piece.

Now I'm with exams on high school so I hope to post pictures soon.

Thank you everyone for your comments.

Bye!

Roca. :bye

Excellent super projet! :yes:yep

D'ailleurs c'est pas vraiment une nouveauté pour moi car c'est un projet que je suis régulierement sur ton site, ou on se rend encore plus compte du travail et du soin apporté a cette moto!

Juste pour savoir elle en est ou l'aprilia Rs3?

Hi ptitmotard46 The aprilia Rs3 Is stopped because It was very difficult but now I found more techniques to continue with the project so probably the next bike after the KR will be the Aprilias

Here is an intent of the translation :rolleyes: :

Salut ptitmotard46 l'aprilia Rs3 est arrêté parce que c'était très difficile mais maintenant j'ai trouvé plus de techniques pour suivre avec le projet probablement la moto suivante après la KR ce seront les Aprilias

That's the first time I see such a technique to work on the cowls :whaou:

The result is definitely nice !

And I guess it's the easiest way to work. Foam is not too hard and allows you to build your shape in a reasonable amount of time. But sure, you need a harder meterial afterwards to be able to build a precise shape.

I am just impatient to see how you will work with the resin :yep

Keep going !